Emergency Sewer/Water Problems
What is a sewer emergency?
- A backed up basement or lowest level of the home taking in sewage without using water in the home.
- A WSSC Water manhole or clean out at the property line that is overflowing onto the ground.
- A surcharged sewer main (such as one caused by heavy rain) causing a sewer back up in homes.
What is a water emergency?
- A broken water main in the street which causes flooding/collapsing of the roadway or icy conditions in the winter.
- A service leak outside of the home in the yard area causing flooding conditions and/or hazardous conditions such as collapse of yard or sidewalk areas, icy conditions in the winter.
- A broken pipe inside the home causing flooding conditions and the inside valve is inoperable. A registered WSSC Water plumber or a WSSC Water technician can make a turn off at the street.