Start/Stop Service

For your convenience, WSSC Water provides an Owner Occupied Property Start/Stop Service Form (English) | Owner Occupied Property Start/Stop Service Form (Espanol) and a Tenant Occupied Property Move In/Move Out Form (English) | Tenant Occupied Property Move In/Move Out Form (Espanol) with helpful information on locating your water meter to obtain an inside meter reading when you move in or out of a property in our service area. For safety reasons, WSSC Water customers are not authorized to read outside meter.  If the property is served by an outside water meter, once we have received your completed form, we will schedule a meter reading as close as possible to the settlement or moving date.
WSSC Water does not discontinue water service between occupants. Submitting this form does not indicate to WSSC Water that you wish to have the water service stopped.
Typically, WSSC Water bills residential accounts quarterly, approximately every 90 days. Depending on the date you moved into the property as well as our meter reading schedule, your first bill may contain charges for only a portion of the initial three-month period you occupied the premises. Thereafter, bills will be mailed quarterly.
Please complete the appropriate form and either print and submit via facsimile to 301-206-8099 or save the completed form and submit via email to  
If you have any questions or require assistance with our forms, please call us at 301-206-4001, 1-800-634-8400, or TTY 301-206-8345, 7:30 am to 7:00 pm, weekdays. 
In-State Customers: (800) 634-8400 or (301) 206-4001
Out-of-State Customers: (800) 828-6439 

Last Modified: