Problems with Your Bill

Please be assured WSSC Water is Here to Help resolve your billing issues. If you disagree with your water and/or sewer bill:

1. Contact WSSC Water’s Customer Service Center at 301-206-4001, toll free 1-800-634-8400, or email us at

2. WSSC Water staff will review your bill and billing history including your Average Daily Consumption (ADC). Please be aware that higher than normal bills are often the result of household plumbing leaks (see Household Leak Detection) and/or excessive water usage (see Water Usage).

  1. The property owner is responsible for maintaining all plumbing on private property, and for paying for water that registers on the meter, including water that may be lost due to a leak(s).
  2. Under certain criteria, you may qualify for a reduction in charges in accordance with WSSC Water’s adjustment Code of Regulations, Chapter 3.20.

3. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, then you may dispute your bill. There are two methods to further appeal your bill:

  1. A Dispute Resolving Board (DRB) review is a courtesy process allowing customers to dispute their unpaid charges (Requesting a Dispute Resolving Board (DRB) review)   
  2. A Refund Hearing, by law, is exclusively for disputing paid charges (Requesting a Refund Hearing).
Last Modified: